At Safari Asia Limited (“Safari”), we want to provide the best service possible to our customers. One way that we do this is by using customer information to provide our customers with convenient access to the right products and service. We also recognize that our customers have important expectations regarding the use of that information. Safeguarding customer information is a matter that we take seriously. That is why Safari have set forth the following principles to affirm our long-standing commitment to confidentiality:
From time to time, it is necessary for customers who are individuals to supply Safari with data which are personal data (“Data”) for the purpose of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the laws of Hong Kong). The purpose for which Data (and other information) relating to customers may be used are as follows:
a. The daily operation of the services and facilities provided to customers;
b. Conducting credit checks;
c. Assisting other institutions to conduct credit checks;
d. Ensuring customers ongoing credit worthiness;
e. Designing financial services or related products for customers use;
f. Marketing financial services or related products to customers;
g. Determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
h. Meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law or regulations; and
i. Any purposes relating to any of the foregoing.
2. Data (and other information) held by Safari relating to customers will be kept confidential but Safari may disclose, and it is a condition of Safari providing services, products and information to customers that each customer consents to the disclosure of all Data (and other information) to:
a. Any officer, employer, agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, credit information, debt collection, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Safari in connection with the operation of their business;
b. Any financial institution with which the customer has or proposes to have dealings;
c. Regulatory authorities and other relevant government bodies;
d. Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Safari including a company within Safari which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
e. We share information regarding customers among Safari only in accordance with strict internal security standards and confidentiality policies and with applicable law;
f. We hold our employees full accountable for adhering to those standards, policies and laws;
g. We do not share information about our customers with other companies except in order to conduct our business, comply with applicable law, protect against fraud or make available special offers of products and services that we feel may be of interest to our customers. We may also provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law; and
h. We have established high standards for protecting information regarding our customers from unauthorized alteration or destruction.
3. Safari may in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and any other applicable law:
a. Match, compare or exchange any Data or other information provided by, or in respect of, a customer with Data (or other information) held by Safari or any other person for the purpose of:
i. Credit checking;
ii. Data (and other information) verification;
iii. Otherwise producing or verifying Data (and other information) which may be used for the purpose of taking adverse action against the customer or any other person at any time;
b. Transfer such Data (and other information) to any place outside Hong Kong (whether for the processing, holding or use of such Data (and other information) outside Hong Kong).
4. Safari intend to use your personal data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
a. Your name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by Safari from time to time may be used by Safari in direct marketing;
b. The following classes of service and products may be marketed:
i. Financial, securities, commodities, leveraged foreign exchange, bullion investment and related services and products and facilities;
ii. Reward, loyalty or privileges programs in relation to the class of marketing subjects as referred to above; and
iii. Services and products offered by Safari co-branding partner (the names of such co-branding partners can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant services and products, as the case may be) in relation to the class of marketing subjects as referred to above.
c. If you do not wish Safari to use or provide to other persons your data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise the opt-out right by notifying Safari in writing to the address provided below in paragraph 6 of this policy.
5. Under and in accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance each customer has a right to:
a. Check whether Safari hold Data about the customer and the right of access to such Data;
b. Request Safari to correct any Data relating to the customer which is inaccurate; and
c. Ascertain Safari policies and practices in relation to Data and to be informed of the kind of personal data relating to the customer held by Safar.
6. Request for access and / or correct any data that customer has submitted shall be 1908, 19/F, K11 Atelier, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
7. In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Safari has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any Data access request.
8. At Safari, information regarding our customers is used solely in the legitimate conduct of our business, to deliver superior service and to design products and special offers that demonstrate our understanding of our customers and their needs.
Should there be any inconsistencies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.